Thursday, August 23, 2012

Oregon: Take 2

About 7pm last night we drove past the sign on the highway,

Hillsboro
next 5 exits

This time it was different.  We stopped at the church and dropped Jared off at his deacon’s activity.  We pulled into the parking lot at the apartment, left everything in the van, and the girls and I went for a walk with the camera in the cool evening air.  We walked by a beautiful rose bush and I took a few pictures.

On our way back we picked wild blackberries on the side of the road in front of the apartment for a little while, laughing that it was good that the sweet berries were so delicious, because the sour berries were so sour.  We planned to go out again this morning and pick enough berries for a pie and a cobbler. 

I woke up way too early this morning and lay in bed, crying.  I miss my place.  I miss my people.  I no longer have a week at the beach to look forward to and our house in North Carolina closed this week.

I am going to have to figure out how to have a life in Oregon for real now.

3 comments:

  1. :( I'm going to have to figure out how to have you have a life in Oregon for real now, too. Thanks for taking time out of your fun vacation to come see me (twice)... I miss you, and will keep you solidly in my prayers for the next while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find (make) your life there. It will still be hard; you will still grieve the passing of the life that you loved, but when it's the Lord's timing for a life change, things always unfold in a most beautiful way (though sometimes excruciatingly slowly). I think your Oregon gratitude list is a great start. =) Glad you arrived safely after your long drive & that your city sign didn't cause tears this time. That's progress, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I scrolled down and saw that I missed this post...the sadness over leaving friends hit me full force today at church in our new ward. It just stinks doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete