Thursday, April 22, 2010

While the Cat's Away the Mice are Playing!

Well the convertible is just not that much fun in the rain…so we’ve had to figure out some other ways to occupy ourselves while Russ and Jason are living the Puerto Rican high life.

Yesterday the girls had a cake decorating class with a friend in the ward.

April 2010 285

We made a super yummy dessert last night—Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert.  I highly recommend it.  Or eating a jar full of hot fudge sauce, either one.

April 2010 305

At lunch today it was hard to decide…beautiful cake, or ice cream sandwich dessert…or a little of both?

We picked up Josh from driver’s ed this evening and went to Panera Bread for dinner. 

April 2010 307April 2010 308 

After dinner we went back to Josh’s school to watch the talent show.  Our favorite acts were the teacher who did a numchuck demonstration, (is that a real word?  the spell checker suggestion is “upchuck”!) the girls who did a hula hoop routine, and the girls who sang a Justin Beiber song and sounded exactly like him!

It was bedtime when we got home, but of course there was time for a bit of dessert first.  Tomorrow we’re having a movie night and Saturday is the big day of service at church. 

I just hope Russ & Jason are having as much fun as we are!
 

6 comments:

  1. Those cakes turned out so well! Was that the girls' first time decorating? Looks like you all are having a great time -- with more fun times planned. So you could say that while Russ & Jason are gone on vacation, the rest of you are enjoying a stay-cation. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm not the only one who always thought they were called numchucks. It was only recently that I found out they are actually called nunchucks (even though the spellchecker doesn't like that either).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they actually called nunchaku, or something like that? I wish I didn't know that, but thanks to my sometimes nerdy husband, I do.

    I definitely want to copy the icecream sandwich recipe- I love those things and I didn't know there are actually recipes involving them! And save room for another yummy Pioneer Woman dessert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan--I think we're having an excellent staycation!

    Mahon & Katie--they actually said something like nonchaku in the program, but I decided I was hallucinating. I see that I was not... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man - what Pioneer Woman dessert are you going to make??? Now I am really REALLY jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmy, need some Panera and ice cream dessert to end my week of upset stomach!

    ReplyDelete