Sunday, April 25, 2010

Increasing the Odds

Tonight I’ve been going through lots and lots of pictures for a project I’m working on.  I found a folder of pictures I hadn’t looked through—pictures of birds I’d taken on the beach at Thanksgiving.  I was experimenting with the continuous shooting mode on my camera, hoping that if I shot enough pictures I’d end up with something great.  (This is usually my modus operandi!)

What I’ve just learned is that if you shoot enough pictures you’ll at least end up with something…interesting!

Check out this framing.

November 2009 635

And this one is almost an optical illusion.

November 2009 641

This one makes some kind of statement.  I’m just not sure what it is.

November 2009 628

  And these?  Well these are just lovely…
November 2009 934  November 2009 668 November 2009 693 November 2009 726 November 2009 762
November 2009 877

November 2009 1115

5 comments:

  1. These are fun! And, some...are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a whole blog that testifies to that. The more shots you take the higher chance you are to getting good shots. And these are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! When you figure out what statement the one shot makes, you should have it printed into a poster for Jason to take to school with him. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those first three- especially the first one. But they're all beautiful- good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete