Saturday, April 17, 2010

We Must Be Really Old

because today we're celebrating our 23rd anniversary!

When we came back to Utah the week after our wedding and moved into our apartment in Wymount, the Relief Society presidency came to visit me.  One of the women had been married for four months.  I was so impressed.  And one of the women had been married for one year.  One Year!  I couldn't even conceive of being married for one whole year.

And yet here I am.  Here we are.  What seems like just a hop, skip, and a jump later.  (And a child or six.)  Twenty-three years filled with more happiness that I ever could have imagined.

It is certainly worth celebrating...

PS--being the kind, thoughtful, and considerate wife that I am I gave Russ the german version of Ticket to Ride for our anniversary.  It was just what he wanted! ;)

6 comments:

  1. And your daughter is getting ready to celebrate her second anniversary! Time flies. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, hope it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I remember that same feeling of wonder at some co-workers who had been married for 3 whole years. =D We're coming up on 10 now and it hardly seems possible that a decade could have flown that fast! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister had been married for 10 years when we got married...I thought it was already an eternity! :) We've been married 31+ years....it still seems surreal! WHO is that older woman...haha. Happy, Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow Megan, 10 years! For some reason that makes me feel even older and Pocatello so much further away in my past.

    ReplyDelete