Wednesday, April 21, 2010

His and Hers

I almost titled this post “Separate Lives,” but then I decided that might sound like something is wrong.  And nothing is wrong.  I have just noticed an interesting trend in our home this year.

His and Hers vacations.  Seriously.

In February Russ went to Utah for a long weekend to celebrate his parents’ 80th birthdays.

rays (do you see him there in the back right—right in front of his wonderful sister Marilyn?)

In March I spent a week in Idaho & Utah.

IMG_1764 2

A few weeks ago the kids & I had a spring break escape…without Russ.

Spring Break 2010 649

In August I’ll get to take Jason out to Utah for college—Russ won’t have enough vacation time to go.

And yesterday I took Russ & Jason to the airport, so that they could fly off for a week long Puerto Rican adventure.

April 2010 270

All I can say is, I’m going to spend the week working on my farmer’s tan!

April 2010 272

6 comments:

  1. It seems like you make the most of your busy lives and try to fit everything in the best you can! I am never looking forward to being away from Nate, but as I get older and the kids get older I realize it isn't the end of the world. But vacationing together... what would that be like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. rthere good colleges to take kids to in Utah?

    The nice thing about you guys dividing your vacations up - I get twice as many vicarious vacations. (I rarely take vacation which means I need your vacations to remind me what I'm saving up for.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are seeing the same trend- only for shorter trips. I say a little absence makes the heart grow fonder...hopefully not of someone else...jk:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do need to include the "ours" vacations too. Sounds like something is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy--it isn't the end of the world, and I have to say I agree with katie--absence makes my heart a lot fonder! Sean, there are several good colleges in UT--it was a hard decision for Jason to make. Laila--don't worry--we had Maui last year and we'll probably do something this year. But the family reunion takes his extra week of vacation this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops--another vacation together NEXT year. Because all of his vacation is spoken for this year. But we're thinking that next year would definitely be the year to go to China!

    ReplyDelete