Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Azalea Adventure

North Carolina puts on quite a show in the spring—one beautiful thing after another.  And the big finale most definitely occurs when the azaleas bloom.  In that moment they morph from mild-mannered bushes to floral monuments, each bush covered from top to bottom with vividly colored blooms.

This year I was determined to take a good azalea picture.  For some reason azaleas are hard for me to photograph.  I think it’s because the flowers grow in groups, and that makes it hard to get a picture with any meaning to it.  But this reason I was determined.

I practiced my techniques while were were at my grandparents’ farm.

Spring Break 2010 225  Spring Break 2010 215
Then when I had a little time to myself on Friday I picked some flowers from my yard and brought them inside for a little photo shoot.

It was much harder than I expected.  The azaleas didn’t cooperate with me like the daisies did at Valentines.  It will be interesting to print some of the pictures and see what they look like then.  But in the end I thought I got some interesting pictures…

April 2010 136 April 2010 105 April 2010 150 April 2010 212

No comments:

Post a Comment