Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Warning: Family Pics Ahead

Now that the traveling posts are done it's time for the fun pictures of the places we've been visiting. But I thought it only fair to warn you that there will be fewer pictures of the wonders of nature, and more of my family--which are delightful to me but sometimes less entertaining to you. So consider yourself warned.

And another thing. One of my sisters said the other day that she had read an article saying that blogs tend to make people less happy. At first I couldn't understand how having a blog would make me less happy. But then she went on to explain that it's other people's blogs that make people unhappy--because people have a tendency to only post the best and most wonderful stuff on their blogs, and then everyone wonders why their own life isn't that great.

I try to put a good dose of realism into my blog. But just in case my travels have sounded a little too wonderful, I have a confession to make.

I spent a good part of one of our traveling days--probably the day we left Denver--hoping that one day Josh would have a teenager just like him. He was so onery and I was so tired of dealing with him and it helped me feel a lot better to fantasize about him coming to me one day, all repentant and telling me what a great mother I always was. And then of course in my fantasy I was magnanimous and loving and told him how I loved him even when he was a pill. It was a good fantasy.

And then it was even better when I prayed about my frustrations and Heavenly Father helped me figure out a way to "encourage" Josh to remember to behave nicely.

But no...my life is definitely not perfect! Good, yes. Entertaining, much of the time. Perfect? You obviously haven't seen my house! ;)

1 comment:

  1. a great reminder. it makes me think of something I heard while in YW -- you always compare others' best to your own worst so it's never a fair comparison.

    ReplyDelete