Friday, December 12, 2008

What a Gift!

One of my friends has the most interesting husband. I think that he probably knows something about almost everything. Curious about the meteor shower this weekend? Ask Keith and he'll tell you that the best viewing time is after midnight. (I wouldn't have even known there would be a meteor shower if it wasn't for him.) Want to know if that oak tree that took out your neighbor's cars can be transformed into some nice furniture? He can tell you how to dry the wood so that it can be used.

I was visiting there the other evening and Keith brought out his current project--he's making pens. Ball point pens. Really. He buys the little parts and then turns all sorts of different wood on his lathe to make the main part. (Which I'm sure has a technical name...) When I admired one of them he gave it to me. I can't remember the name of the wood, except that it had "burl" in it.

I think I'm going to use this for my scripture journal. How cool is that!

3 comments:

  1. I've been using mine...I made out that night- new carseats and a ball point pen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I'd use it as a journal pen, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw your comment on The Meanest Mom and recognized your picture -- so glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete