Monday, December 22, 2008

I'd Like My Brain Back, Please!

The last month and a half have involved a lot of music for me. I had to choose two arrangements of Christmas songs, so that involved a lot of listening to music and playing music and rehearsing music. I also helped the choir director to make mp3 files for the choir members to listen to. By the time I was done with that I knew all 4 parts of all of the songs. Including the men's song!

There has been a lot of music in my brain.
I hope you appreciate the background of my picture. It is my firm belief
that if you can't be at the beach, the next best thing is to fake it!


Now that may sound like a good thing--and for a while it is. But when the amount of music in one's brain starts getting in the way of sleep, then it is too much. And one night this week, when the flying squirrels in the attic (a topic for another post) were having a party above my head and woke me up, the music in my brain kept me up. That is frustrating.

All of the music has now been performed. Very beautifully. (I really hate to use the word 'perform' when referring to music in church. 'Perform' seems such a showy word, and music in church is supposed to be about bringing the spirit and not about being showy. But I lack a better verb, so I will continue to use the word 'perform.' Please know that when I use it in the context of church music, it is a performance of a non-showy, spirit-enhancing type.) Anyway, don't you think it's perfectly reasonable to want to wake up without having "Glo-o-ri-a-a-a" going through my mind?

If you'd like to experience a little bit of what's going on in my brain, listen to this:

3 comments:

  1. Trust me... the song we heard sunday WAS performed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Cindy, and I totally get the music in your head thing. I was running to Angel's Carol, and a few other slow tempo, totally non-running songs on Saturday, but it was a good thing. Oh, and I wasn't wearing headphones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy Lynn, I think I am glad not to have been there.

    Kathleen, I totally get it! Very scary!

    ReplyDelete