Monday, November 3, 2014

Things we did in the car on the way to Utah

I like it so much better when Russ comes with us on a trip to Utah, even if it’s a kind of sad trip.  Here’s what we did that day:

  • look at all of the beautiful fall colors in the Columbia River Gorge
  • take pictures of some of the beauty in the Gorge
  • blog (ok I did that)
  • talk and laugh
  • eat way too much leftover Halloween candy
  • play the alphabet game (Jared won)
  • sing a song we always sang in my family when I was growing up (see below)
  • talk about articles I was reading in Time Magazine
  • read a whole People Magazine (so glad I know why JLo got a divorce!)
  • watch Godzilla (the kids, not me)
  • listened to podcasts
  • have lots of fun together!

 

Song:
I used to live in Chicago
In a department store,
Behind the [name a department] counter,
I did but I don’t anymore.
A lady came in for some [same department]
I asked her what kind she’d adore…….
[product] she said,
[product] her I did
I did but I don’t anymore.

So it would go like this:

Behind the hardware counter,
I did but I don’t anymore.
A lady came in for some hardware,
I asked her what kind she’d adore….
Wrench! she said,
Wrench her I did,
I did but I don’t anymore.

Each time the song is sung someone else takes a turn filling in the blanks, and then everyone else sings along with them.  Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment