Friday, February 11, 2011

Where We are Wishing We Were Today

If you’d like to know, go to maps.google.com.

Put in Ahihi, Maui, HI into the search box.

Ahhh…doesn’t that look nice?

 

Just kidding.

 

Zoom in one click.

See how there’s a tiny “nose” of water poking out right below where it says “Makena Road” just below and to the right of the place marker?  (Which is right on top of the Ahihi Bay label.) Click on that nose of water until you are all the way zoomed in.  Then change to satellite view.

 

Now grab the google man icon.

Google_man

Drag him over and drop him right where it says “Makena Road.”  Wait a minute.

 

Now you can sigh with me…you are looking at one of the best snorkeling spots on Maui.  It’s been two years since I was there, and will probably be two more years before I’m there again.  But I think about it all the time!

 

There are little arrows at the bottom of your map screen.  If you click to the right 4-5 times you will see that yes, some lucky human lives right beside A’hihi Cove.  (And on the far side as well.)  I hope they snorkel every day—I would love that. LOVE IT.

 

Sigh…so that’s what I’m going to be daydreaming about today!

1 comment: