Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today's Weather Report

Just in case anyone (in addition to Marlowe) felt a little envious as I described the weather yesterday, let me tell you about today. 

(I almost took a picture when I left home earlier just to be able to show the contrast between yesterday and today.  Unfortunately I didn't, and I didn't get back home until after dark.  But it was some contrast!)


Yesterday's high: 76 beautiful degrees.

Today's high: 65 degrees.


You may ask why I'm complaining about that.  After all, a temperature difference of 11 degrees isn't anything to write home about.


Unless, I would reply, the day's HIGH temperature occurred at 3 AM!  Yep, you read that right.  It was all downhill from 3AM, and the average temperature for most of the day was in the upper 30's. 


Just in case you weren't sufficiently impressed by that, let me rephrase.  It was 40 degrees warmer yesterday than today!


And that is why I'm glad I didn't take that extra blanket off the bed yet.  And why I'm never leaving home again without my coat. 

Until June, anyway...

4 comments:

  1. That is some weird weather... it was still beautiful and warm here today, and is supposed to be for the rest of the week. I'm totally loving it, except spring is appearing... trees are budding, little bulbs are coming up, there were moths all over my window last night. Inevitably, it will be cold again, and all that has decided that spring has arrived will die. I'm kinda bummed about the prospect of that. (But not quite enough to wish the sixty degree days away...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes- I hope that's not coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Cindy Lynn -- still ....

    ReplyDelete