Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crazy Bird Lady

I haven’t filled my yard with gourd bird houses but that hasn’t stopped me from turning into a crazy bird lady.  I love watching the birds in my back yard now; I take pictures of them, I wash out the bird feeders before I fill them again (yuck!) and I’m even going to take the new box of birdseed back to Costco because they don’t like it as much. 

(I can tell by the frowns on their little bird faces…and by their absence at the feeder!)

I have decided that I know why nature makes birds bright and colorful.  It’s so I will keep feeding them.

My favorites are the cardinal (and not just because he’s the state bird),  

July 2010 327

the goldfinch and the purple finch.  (Who is red, btw.  Right there in that picture on the left.  That’s the purple finch.)

July 2010 126

I know I’m kind of a shallow bird-watcher, but that’s ok with me.  I am who I am, and I like the bright birds.

And the woodpecker who eats upside down.

July 2010 855

My goal for next year is to get this guy to eat out of the palm of my hand.

Or off of my deck, anyway.

July 2010 662

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not alone. :) I would love to have a set up like yours. As it is we have ours by the door. We all stop and just watch the birds from the window. We even taught K the sign for bird. With just the right setting we can get pictures through the window. My mom had a crazy amount of bird feeders set up at her house. Then nice tables and chairs to sit out and relax and watch them. I loved the pictures I could get. I love your pictures. Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I miss my old house on Holt...we had tons of birds...lots of varieties...my bird feeders were a favorite. Here...not so much...can't see them very well from inside either! Very sad. Glad yours is going so well...I'm enjoying them through your blog pictures!

    ReplyDelete