Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Peaches, Peaches Everywhere

July 2011 135

My sweet dad & stepmother brought me 3 boxes of South Carolina peaches this weekend.  Peaches are funny.  When they arrived Saturday night the peaches were almost as crisp as apples, but now a few days later they’re perfectly soft and delicious.  I want to freeze a bunch to use in our smoothies this winter, but I also want to eat lots while they’re fresh and make all of the yummy peach desserts that we can.  So far I’ve planned

peach shakes
fresh peach pie (which means unbaked and is a treat to eat!)
old fashioned peach cobbler

 

Do you have any great peach recipes to recommend???

2 comments:

  1. http://abbysweets.blogspot.com/2011/05/im-back-and-i-brought-you-peach-pie-bar.html I made this with frozen peaches and it was pretty good, but I bet it's AMAZING with fresh sweet peaches! =D

    ReplyDelete