Sunday, February 14, 2010

Beautiful Snow

We were so excited to hear that we were going to have snow again Friday night. Here is the sight we woke up to. Not as much snow as we had a few weeks ago, but a much prettier snow. This snow stuck to all of the bushes and trees and everything was lovely.

The backyard was like a winter wonderland...

Down the street I found a pretty bush to practice my photography skills on.



Here is a shot of my favorite view. Not as white as I would have liked, but always lovely.

Some of the stuff that I've been learning in my photography class is still confusing to me. But other things I've learned have been helpful. I've always liked taking close-up pictures using my zoom, but now I know that it's because when you're all the way zoomed in your depth of field is shallower, and that makes the background blurry.



We talked about backgrounds last week, and that was a good reminder that just a slight shift can make a big difference in the background.



After seeing Lindsay's amazing icicle pictures a few weeks ago I was on the lookout for drops of water.


The best ones I found were under my van! That meant I couldn't get a beautiful sky in the background like she did, but I did succeed in getting a picture of the water drop!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! It definitely was pretty snow... the kind you look at but don't touch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery. I always enjoy reading your blog, Cindy. I love that you're sharing your photography progress here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the red berry shots and the one of the road!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funny thing she forgot to mention is that the snow was gone by 4pm that day.

    ReplyDelete