Sunday, February 7, 2010

All Tied Up

Quite often when I finish another cute sewing project for the girls I feel some guilt that I so infrequently make something for Jared. (Russ points out that he doesn't look good in dresses, which is so true!) For the last few weeks I've been thinking that it might be fun to try to make Jared coordinating ties to go with the girls Christmas dresses.

I made ties when Cindy Lynn got married, but Russ said they were more like disposable ties than real ties. I wanted these ties to be functional for quite a while. I decided that the main difference was that I didn't have the stiff stuff on the inside of my ties that real ties have. I bought a couple of ties from Goodwill and took them apart so that I could re-use the stiff fabric. Friday I finally had a chance to work on them, and I was so excited about how they turned out. I think Jared was too!


4 comments:

  1. Cute! I am very impressed. But.... why is the one picture so grainy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ties are so cute! It's fun to see Jared coordinating with his sisters, too. I'm glad he still enjoys that sort of thing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented!! I always wanted to learn to sew. Your kids are so lucky. It is nice they still like to wear what you create too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CL-Jason took the picture while I was at my meeting. I think the graininess is because I broke the cardinal rule of photog class, and forgot to set my EV thingy back to 0. So I am thinking that the flash didn't fire. Either that or he was standing a mile away taking the picture in pitch black. I'll have to get a better one, for sure!

    Megan--I'm so glad I figured this out while he will enjoy it!

    Kerri--thanks!

    ReplyDelete