Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Rest of My Trip

I had planned on spending some time with my sister and seeing some of my brothers while I was in Utah. At the last minute my sister called telling me that she was sick, and so I went straight up to Logan to Katie's house. I did get to stop and see my brother Sam, his wife Emily, and their new and adorable puppy Buddy. Talk about a cute dog!!! I also got to see my dad & Ramona several times which was nice. (Although they're not as cute as Buddy...)



I had a great time in Logan. I cooked and baked and cooked and baked for 3 whole days. I played with Laura Kate (a.k.a. my favorite two year old) and read her new book to her over and over. (It's called "Laura Kate at the Beach.") I played games with Abigail and Benjamin and read them one of my favorite kid books, Attaboy Sam. (I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun read aloud. But only read it if you really like laughing!)

I got a love note from Abigail



and some other kind of note from Benjamin.


I didn't remember to pull my camera out until I went to the play on Saturday, and I left it out so that I would remember to take some pictures on Sunday. Here is Katie's family--Sean, Laura Kate, Katie, Abigail, Benjamin, and of course me.

Laura Kate wasn't in too good of a mood before we started taking pictures--Sundays are sometimes long for little people. But once the camera was out she perked right up.
The kids all wanted their pictures taken--here is their Kung Fu picture and a few others.
Sunday evening Sean & I played Blockus 3D with Abigail before she went to bed. Then we played Pente with Benjamin. Benjamin provided just enough distraction for me to win the first game, which as you can see was a surprise to Sean. He was pretty horrified, and I think it will take him a long time to get over this defeat. ;)

Monday morning we hung out some more, and then it was time to go.

After the kids left for school I put love notes for them on the fridge. I also made a detailed map of the freezer, but someone rearranged it right away...so much for my brilliant organization.



I was worried about leaving Logan because it had been snowing all morning, but by the time I drove through the canyon the roads were clear and the mountains were beautiful.

The roads were bad around Ogden, but thanks to Russ and a service we call Blonde-Star I managed to avoid all of the accidents and made it back to Salt Lake safely. I had a delightful lunch with my friend Janet, and then went to the airport, where I promptly passed out for 45 minutes until my flight was called.

What a great trip. Thank you Russ for sending me, Alli for singing so beautifully, and Katie for letting me help out for a couple of days. And of course thanks to my beautiful kids for being so good while I was gone and so happy to see me when I got back!

Home again, Home again...Here we are last night watching Horton Hears a Who.
All snuggled up together, with Russ playing with my hair. How good can it get??

2 comments:

  1. ROFL - "Cindy Be Nice"??????

    And I'm amazed that LK can do a kung fu pose! That is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a really good trip- I bet they were so grateful to have you come. And I love Blonde- star! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete