Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dad’s visit: day 2

On the second day of Dad & Ramona’s visit we went to pick berries at my favorite berry farm.  My dad was so taken with the beauty of the area, just like I am every time I go there.

IMG_1416c

We were picking blackberries that day.  I’d thought we might each pick 1/2 of a gallon, but I’d thought wrong.  Turns out my dad is a berry picking machine.

IMG_1412

In the end Ramona and I had each picked a whole gallon, and my dad picked 2!!  We had a delicious berry cobbler that night and I froze bags and bags to use all winter long.  Yum!!

IMG_1418

After we were done picking berries I drove them to the place south of town where we could see Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens, and several other of the distant volcanoes.  They were suitably impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment