Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 15: A new temple and our mother’s day reunion

Our Sunday in San Diego was a lovely relaxing day after the long (but wonderful) hours at Sea World the day before.  We all woke up late, did laundry, and then went to a mid-morning sacrament meeting.  The kids were happy when I said that we didn’t have to stay for the 2nd & 3rd hours (reason to follow) because the ward we went to was a university ward and all of the other kids there were toddlers. 

After church we went (thanks to a lot of help from BlondeStar) to see the San Diego temple.  I was so excited about this—I’ve always thought this temple was beautiful but didn’t think that I’d ever have a reason to be in San Diego to see it.  It was just as stunning in real life as in the pictures I’d seen and we had a great time walking around it.

IMG_3387IMG_3411

IMG_3417

IMG_3347

I was also taking pictures with my phone and texting them to Russ, Josh, and Alisyn, when I received a text remind me that I was going to be late for the most important part of our day—our mother’s day skype session with Jason.

We rushed back to the guesthouse and got online, then waited, and waited, and waited.  We had a good time all chatting together while we waited.  Josh was on in NC, Cindy Lynn and Mahon in Utah, Russ in Oregon, and the little kids and I in San Diego.  After an hour Jason popped on and we were all so excited to talk to him.  I figure this must have been one of the most scattered Mother’s Days a family (who’s children aren’t all grown) could have.

I took some screen shots to help preserve the memories of this very unusual Mother’s Day.

Project3

Project4

Project5

It was great to see and talk to Jason.  He seems so happy and we all loved hearing him speak Spanish! 

Then we went out onto our lovely guesthouse patio

IMG_3437

IMG_3438

where I successfully grilled some yummy steaks for dinner. 

It was a wonderful and unique Mother’s day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the red and white dress Jenna is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guesthouse looks beautiful...where did you find it? That sounds like a perfect Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for Skype, right?! That picture of all of y'all is priceless. So glad you could all be "together" for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete