Monday, September 19, 2011

The Wind Beneath My Wings

Zions 2011 224

On Thursday after work he met me in Costco with a kiss.  Then we went to work, piling our big carts with food for the upcoming stake women’s day.  After we were done checking out he loaded everything in my van, hugged me, then went home to take care of things there while I went off to help with food prep until late that night.

On Friday he left work a little early so that he could meet me at Costco again.  “When else will I get to see you?” he asked.  We rounded up the last few items I needed, hugged and kissed in the parking lot again, then he went home to take care of things there while I went off to help set things up at the stake center until late that night.

On Saturday morning the alarm woke me way too early.  I stumbled into the shower, dressed, did my makeup, then came downstairs to be greeted by a to-go breakfast; a scrambled egg burrito and a cup filled with sliced and peeled pears.  Many hours later when I returned home, happy, tired, and footsore, he massaged my shoulders and feet, then let me go to bed and stayed up to welcome a late-arriving houseguest.

He is amazing, and saying yes when he asked me out and I had no idea who he was all those years ago was the best decision I ever made.  Everything I am and everything I do is only possible because of him.

I love you, Russ!!!!!!

Emerald Isle 2011 1516_cropped

6 comments:

  1. Aww! What a sweet tribute! {And what a sweet husband!} I'm so glad that I got to meet this Mr. Wonderful in person years ago and not just through your blog. He's always been such a great example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for fantastic husbands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (a) I will have to leave Bob's computer on this page, knowing I have one 60 person dinner to do this week and one 60 women Super Saturday to take care of in October. Maybe I'll get a foot massage?
    and (b) your bathing suit is soooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Russ! I could learn a lesson- I'm way to much of a complainer when I get left behind with the kids for things like that. I think I'd do better being the leaver:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is pretty awesome...and, he does it cheerfully! :)

    Cute suit, BTW.

    Women's Day went wonderfully. You all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete