Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Swap

I’ve loved having the hummingbird feeder in the window over the sink.  (In case you hadn’t noticed.) 

IMG_8603_b

But the truth was that the little birds could (and did) spend a good amount of time keeping the bulk of the feeder between us.  So when I was out refilling all of the feeders the other day I started wondering.  Would they still come to feed at the window if I switched feeders?  I wasn’t sure, especially since they have never seemed to like the other (more expensive) feeder as well.  And I knew I couldn’t put one of the little feeders in the window because they leak and I didn’t want the sugar/water on the deck.  Anyway, I decided to give it a try.  At first the hummingbirds seemed hesitant.  And if they see us moving abruptly inside the house they usually fly right away.  But they seem to come to the other feeder in the window just as much, and we can see so much better!

IMG_8735 good_b

No comments:

Post a Comment