Monday, September 12, 2011

EWWWW!

I love gardening but I sure don’t love the bugs.  Today I found a bunch of mature (read: big and gross) squash bugs in a previously ignored area.  I poisoned the ones that were far away from the blossoms but still had to hand squish quite a few.  (Those gloves will need to be laundered now!) 

Then I found a partially full bag of manure tucked behind a big barrel of flowers and decided that I wanted to put it in my compost pile.  When I pulled the bag out there was a hitchhiker on it. 

IMG_8812

YUCK!!

Just in case you can’t tell that that is one BIG SLUG, here is a picture by Rachel’s finger.

IMG_8811

I wouldn’t let the kids kill it (God’s creatures great and small, and all that) but I did put it out in the woods!

3 comments:

  1. I had one of those in my DINING ROOM a few weeks ago! It took me forever to find it... I woke up three mornings in a row to find thick smears of slime winding around on my rug, but no slug in sight! (I knew what it was because we have *plenty* of those slithering around here...but they've always been OUTside.) Disgusting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's creatures great and small unless they're eating my garden or in my house:). Well, if I had a garden that is....one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Katie . . . I tell my kids not to kill bugs when we are in their house but they're fair game if they decide to enter ours!

    ReplyDelete