Saturday, May 21, 2011

Splendid Saturday

Could the day get any better?  I started it by sleeping in much later than expected.  (After staying up late watching the movie “The Switch,” which was pretty good and amazingly clean!)  Then I showered and hurried into town to pick up Amy for a trip to the farmer’s market.  We were in search of more mandevilla plants, since last year I found both a yellow one and a white one there.  I was not lucky enough to to find a yellow one, but I did get a white one, a pink one, and a new one that is red with a white stripe.

June 2010 529 (a lovely pink mandevilla flower from last summer)

We did NOT buy this most interesting plant, but it sure was fun to look at.

May 2011 715

May 2011 716

We drove to Raleigh and back with the top down and it was lovely, except for perhaps the messy hair part.  And I definitely have some interesting looking sunburned places now.

 

After I came home I had a nap while Russ took the kids to the pool.  When he got home he and I drove on sun-drenched back country roads to the greenhouse to buy flowers for the summer.  Petunias, impatiens, a few dahlias, and of course a wide variety of gerbers.  The drive was beautiful, the company was the best, and now I have lots of flowers that need to be planted next week.

May 2011 734

Now we’ve just finished watching our edited version of Harry Potter 7 and it was just as terrific as I remembered it from the theaters.  A great end to a great day…

1 comment:

  1. We went to the Greensboro FM today...everything was just beautiful! I saw those crazy red hanging ones too...I could spend all my $$$$$ on flowers! Yours look wonderful...you'll enjoy them all summer...lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete