Monday, June 15, 2009

Beneath the Glasses


Jenna got glasses when she was about 5. We were concerned that she wouldn't want to wear them and so we made a big deal about how cute she was with them on and how good they looked on her.

When we had our big family beach picture taken the next year I told Jenna that I wanted her to not wear her glasses. I know she was confused — here we had spent so much time telling her how great her glasses were, but now that it was the big picture moment she wasn't supposed to wear them.

I know it's confusing to her, but I just can't help it. When she's wearing the glasses what we see are Jenna and the glasses.

Sometimes I miss just seeing what's beneath the glasses...

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny- a few weeks after Briggie got his glasses I realized that he looked weird to me without them, and Eric thought the same thing. Now that summer is here he has a glasses tan and looks really weird without them on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie--I agree that they do look normal with their glasses on. But I just miss really being able to see those eyes!

    ReplyDelete