Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alligator Daze

One of the fun things we did while we were in Florida was go to an alligator farm on the edge of the Everglades. Everyone had fun holding a baby alligator. (With it's mouth taped shut, and don't worry--they rotate the alligators so that their mouth doesn't get sore.)









We loved the alligator show, although we were a little worried when the guy held the alligator's mouth open with his chin!



The little alligators are so cute. The picture on the left was babies--about a year old, I think. And the one on the right were a couple of years old. When we threw in the food pellets they climbed all over each other trying to get them.



Everyone loved the airboat ride. When Russ & I went two years ago we had to put bits of cotton in our ears to protect us from the noise, but since then they've upgraded to ear protectors. So we all looked very cool.



We saw a few alligators, turtles, and egrets (I think?) on our ride.

(This is Cindy Lynn's picture, and I swiped it right off of her blog.
My picture had too many heads in front of the bird. Thanks, honey!)


As we left the alligator farm we noticed that the neighbors must really not want to be invaded by the 'gators!



5 comments:

  1. So, there's a whole lotta adorableness going on in those pictures... and not ONE single bit of it was related to the baby alligators. I don't think I could call them cute if I had to... even with their mouths taped shut!

    Looks like a fun day, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, MommyJ--so maybe the alligators aren't so adorable. (Although I think the tiny ones are cute, the big ones are just...BIG!) But when you hold one of those little critters you start to understand the impulse to have an alligator purse--they feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did a similar tour last March and the guy who did the chin trick was missing four of his fingers! All bitten off on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and this inspires me to post about our visit with the ferrier (sp?)- I thought of you the whole time:)

    ReplyDelete