Monday, March 9, 2015

I did not see this coming

I've said before that I don't like change and that I'm not very good at it.  But I'm realizing lately that I usually don't expect it either.  When things are *this* way, regardless of what *this* is, I generally expect them to stay that way.

Which is why it's been so unexpected to me that there are many many days in my life where I feel like I just pull out of and then back into my drive way All. Day. Long.  Pull out, go exercise, pull back in.  Pull out, take the kids to school, pull back in.  Pull out, go to physical therapy, pull back in.  Pull out, take girls to colorguard, pull back in.  Pull out, go pick up Jared, pull back in.  Out and in, out and in, over and over and over.

It's surprising to me because I thought I had settled long ago that I'm not a soccer mom and that I just do better when I'm not spending all of my time in the car.   Except that now we're here and not there, and everything is quite close and some things are very close.  And now there's school.  And the kids are growing up and needing some activities which fortunately are available nearby.  It all makes sense (and is making them happy) but it sure has caught me off guard...

1 comment:

  1. That's what happens when your kids are teenagers. This, too, shall pass. Hang on.

    ReplyDelete