Friday, March 27, 2015

Dear Mom

When Cindy Lynn was little I'd often call my mom (back in the days when long distance cost a fortune!) and when she answered the phone I would start by saying "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for driving you crazy."
"I'm sorry for asking you 'why' over and over and over again."
"I'm sorry for any time you sewed something for me and I didn't like it."

Today is one of those days, and since I don't have a mom to call or email I am just going to write my letter here...
 
Dear Mom,

I'm sorry for being a teenager.  I'm sorry for every time I pushed you and rushed you and spoke to you in my snippy angry voice.  I'm sorry for pouting and giving you the silent treatment and for slamming the door and walking off without saying goodbye.  I'm sorry that I didn't realize that you were also a human being trying to figure things out from day to day.  I'm sorry that it never occurred to me that you might be tired or overwhelmed.  Thank you for providing food for me every single day.  Thank you for taking care of the millions of things that had to happen to keep our family running.  Thank you for teaching me and helping me and putting up with me and continuing to love me, even though.  I am only now realizing how hard it must have been sometimes.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment