Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The new normal

We arrived back from our trip this afternoon; me tired but slightly buzzed from caffeine, the kids rested from long travel naps.  After a brief stop at home we loaded back into the van and I took them over to the middle school for 6th period and came back home to take a much needed nap.  I woke up to the noise of the girls working on their colorguard routines but by the time I was fully awake they were running with their friends out of the house, calling good-bye’s and flashing me the “I love you” sign.  Jared is no where to be found, and I assume that he is out scootering with his friends. 

The house is quite around me.  I like the quiet, but it is still a new enough experience that it’s disconcerting to me.  And I don’t see it changing—the triplets are getting older and more independent and spending more time with their friends.  We are definitely in a time of transition, and I’m not quite sure how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment