Friday, August 30, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Jason

We knew from the beginning of Jason’s mission that he was only going to be home for a short time between his mission and starting his next semester of college.  We always knew it would go by in a flash, and it did.  (Though not entirely the flash that we expected.)

Jason was scheduled to leave on Friday evening of the week I had my accident.  (Which was on Tuesday.)  While I was in the hospital I sent him out ice skating with the kids and another day he and Jenna went and picked blueberries and blackberries. 

The last thing that I had planned for our family to do before Jason left was to go to the temple together to do baptisms.  It was a good thing I had just planned on watching because that was all I was good for at that point.  It was a terrific experience.  I got to stand and watch Jason baptize each one of the kids, and then later watch Russ perform the confirmations.  It was a tender moment for me.

IMG_7221IMG_7222IMG_7227IMG_7236

After we were done at the temple we had planned to take the kids to Olive Garden (which is a significant splurge to us) but the kids rebelled and demanded Panera Bread.  We had a great time there.

IMG_7243

Then the next day Jason packed up his stuff, I put him on the Max, and he was Provo bound, ready to start the next chapter of his life.

IMG_7245

No comments:

Post a Comment