Thursday, March 29, 2012

Too much help???

I’ve been switching over to gmail for my email for the last few months.  I’ve noticed something new recently.  Now, when I am writing an email, gmail often gives me advice. 

Like this:

gmail

 

I had written an email the other day and accidentally chose the wrong Nancy to send it too.  This is what popped up.

gmail 2

 

Well yes, I did.  But how did you know that?!?

 

I’m not sure if I appreciate this….

or if I’m just a little creeped out by it…..

5 comments:

  1. I know...it's sort of like that annoying little paper-clip guy that used to pop up in windows. It is a little creepy what "algorithms" can figure out about us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! I've had the group suggestion before but not the "did you mean this person" thing. Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, go to youtube. Type in "G-male". Do not be frightened by the opening picture on the video. And then come tell me if you've ruptured anything laughing at how stinking true that video is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, sorry about some of the other videos that youtube recommends while you're watching that one. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, *I* just watched that and about died laughing!!!

    ReplyDelete