Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Answered Prayer

So, pandemic.  I keep thinking I should write about this here so that it's part of this record too, even though I haven't blogged in so long.  (What can I say, Instagram really is faster.  😢)

When President Nelson called for a worldwide fast in April on Good Friday, someone formed a Facebook group so that people could invite their friends (of different faiths or no faith) to join with us.  Reading the comments there has really been a highlight of this hard time.  It's also been challenging, though, as so many people post their difficulties and prayer requests.  

When I read a post asking for prayers I usually say a prayer right then.  But tonight after I prayed for safety for our family, I thought about all of the people in that group in distress or need, and all of the people in the world struggling right now.  

This is highly unusual for me, and not something that was anywhere near my mind.  But as I got ready to close my prayer I truly heard these words in my head.  

"...will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?" 3 Ne 13


Always a favorite scripture, right now it's our only hope.  
♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment