Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Hymns

Last Sunday during testimony meeting I went through the hymn book and listed out all of my favorite hymns.  Later I put my list on Facebook and several people told me their favorites.  It ended up being a lovely day of really thinking about hymns and how they sound and I had several running through my mind for the next few days.  Here's my list (based on position in the hymn book, not in order of preference.)

2.  The Spirit of God
6. Redeemer of Israel
29.  A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief
62.  All Creatures of Our God and King
72.  Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
81.  Press Forward Saints
82.  For All the Saints
165. Abide With Me
193.  I Stand All Amazed
203.  Angels We have Heard on High
219.  Because I Have Been Given Much
220.  Lord I Would Follow Thee
277.  As I Search the Holy Scriptures
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Here's my vote for best new arrangement of a previously mediocre hymn:

No comments:

Post a Comment